Don’t Make These Mistakes When You Mount Your TV
Mounting a TV to the wall can be a daunting task, but it’s a great way to free up space and improve your viewing experience. However, there are a few common mistakes that people make when mounting their TVs, which can lead to safety hazards or damage to your TV.
Here are some of the most common mistakes people make when mounting their TVs
- Using the wrong TV bracket. Not all TV brackets are created equal. It’s important to choose a bracket that is compatible with your TV’s weight and size, as well as the type of wall you’re mounting it on.
- Mounting your TV on drywall without a stud. Drywall is not strong enough to support the weight of a TV, so it’s important to mount it on a stud. If you don’t have any studs in the right location, you can use a wall anchor.
- Blocking the TV inputs. The location of the TV inputs can vary depending on the brand and model. Make sure to choose a bracket that will not block the inputs.
- Letting your TV face the sun. If your TV is facing the sun, the glare can make it difficult to see. Choose a location for your TV that is not in direct sunlight.
- Not planning for future devices. When you’re mounting your TV, it’s important to plan for future devices. Make sure to leave enough space for things like soundbars, game consoles, and streaming devices.
Here are some tips for avoiding these common mistakes:
- Do your research. Before you buy a TV bracket, make sure to read the reviews and compare the features of different models. Or let Mr Home Guy help you select the perfect bracket for your situation.
- Hire a professional. If you’re not comfortable mounting your TV yourself, hire a professional to do it for you. Mr Home Guy specializes in same day or next day installations.
- Use the right tools. Make sure you have the right tools for the job, such as a stud finder and a level.
- Be careful. When you’re mounting your TV, be careful not to drop it or damage it.
- Read our blog about elevating your viewing experience by mounting your tv on the wall.
By following these tips, you can avoid making common mistakes and mount your TV safely and securely.
Here are some additional tips for mounting your TV in Florida:
- Consider the climate. Florida is a hot and humid state, so it’s important to choose a TV bracket that is made for these conditions.
- Be aware of the hurricane risk. If you live in an area that is prone to hurricanes, you may want to consider a wall mount that is designed to withstand high winds.
- Get help from a professional. If you’re not comfortable mounting your TV yourself, hire a professional to do it for you.
By following these tips, you can mount your TV safely and securely in Florida.
IS OUR PRIORITY
Our technicians are thoroughly vetted and trained. Our technician are also employee-owners of their own territory.
Done right Now!
Schedule a time that is convenient for you. Don’t delay getting the project done ASAP.
Insured & Certified
Brings peace of mind during services.
MANAGEMENT COMPANY & LEASING AGENT RECOMMENDED
We are an approved vendor of many buildings, providing quality services to their residents.